Our Coach4Success project is an innovative programme aimed at young people in the senior phase of school, providing them with opportunities to develop a career in football coaching.
Rangers Hummel Training Centre, Milngavie
SFA Coaching Badges 1.1. & 1.2
SQA Skills for Work National 5 Units – Assist with Fitness Programming and Assist with a Component of Activity Sessions
This programme uses football coaching as a vehicle to enhance employability skills on leaving school by providing professional coach mentoring, work experience and Scottish Football Association (SFA) Level 1.1 and 1. 2 accredited coaching badges (student must be aged 16 by the date of SFA Coaching badges if they are to be certificated).
• Scottish Football Association Coaching badges 1.1 Early Touches, 1.2 Coaching Young Footballers
and SQA Skills for Work National 5 Units – Assist with Fitness Programming and Assist with a Component of Activity Sessions
• A reference from the club to take to future employers
• Work Experience
Course Entry Requirements
• A minimum of 90% attendance is required in school and on the programme. Failure to meet this target could result in withdrawal.
• Enthusiasm, respect for others and maturity to work towards a professional coaching qualification.
Wednesday 1.30pm - 3.30pm
Work experience 3.30pm - 5.30pm optional
• NC courses in Care, Humanities or Sport
• Employment in the Sport and Health industry
For further information please liaise with your appropriate school contact or email: firstname.lastname@example.org