New employability project for Govan residents
Wed 2nd September 2020
We at the Rangers Charity Foundation are delighted to be launching a new employability programme later this month, which aims to improve job prospects for people who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Ready4Employment programme, delivered within the Ibrox Community Hub, is an innovative opportunity specifically aimed for Govan residents affected by the COVID 19 pandemic. People aged between 18 and 24 years will be offered support with employment and future opportunities, whilst at the same time enhance their qualifications, confidence and self-esteem.
The programme has been constructed and developed by the Rangers Charity Foundation, and is specifically aimed at those who have been affected by the COVID 19 pandemic and require support to move them towards employment. The initative is designed to address the challenges they currently face caused through the pandemic, including mental health.
- First Impression Sessions
- Health Benefits of Exercise, Diet and Nutrition
- Mental Health First Aid Training (Accredited)
- Skills experience identification
- Physical Activities and Coaching Sessions (t-Shirt provided)
- Stewarding Training
- Retail Training
- First Aid Training Certification (Safe Aid)
- SQA Unit in Employability – Responsibilities Employment SCQF Level 4
- Presentation and IT Skills
- One-to-one interviews, support and action plan
- Govan Job Match Coordinator employment session
- CV building
- 6 Week Aftercare Support (1 day per week)
- Lunches provided
The new Ready4Employment programme will run for three weeks, Monday – Thursday, beginning 21st September.
For more informartion, or to express an interest, please email email@example.com.
We at the Foundation would like to thank the Scottish Government’s Supporting Communities Fund for their support with this programme.