WATCH: A Foundation From Home Video Series
Tue 1st September 2020
The Rangers Charity Foundation is proud to have been working tirelessly to support people through the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly during lockdown.
The #AFoundationFromHome campaign has spread far and wide; from children around the UK who were missing school, to adults living with dementia and more.
To mark this important work, RangersTV has been speaking to the Foundation and the people it has supported, in order to create a three part #AFoundationFromHome video series.
The first, entitled “Keeping Mentally Active” is available to view now!
Hear from the children who enjoyed free worksheets for 12 weeks, a carer who describes the Football Memories series as a “god send” and Govan High School’s Deputy Head Teacher who knew her students were continuing to be supported from home…
Episode 2, “Keeping Physically Active” is also now available to view…
Followed by “Supporting Others”, which will wrap-up the series on Saturday 5th September – keep your eye out across Rangers FC social media pages!
Highlights of the #AFoundationFromHome campaign include:
- Posting 3,233 free educational worksheets to children across the UK
- Donating £2,000 worth of treats to Glasgow hospital patients
- Developing weekly #RangersCharityChallenge videos for children living with autism or visual impairments
- Sharing Football Memories videos with people living with dementia, to help aid memory recall
- Donating £15,000 to UNICEF’s COVID-19 Global Appeal
- Facilitating a £5,000 donation from The Steven Gerrard Foundation to the local Govan Youth Information Project
- Arranging special individual video messages from Rangers first team players and the Manager for a number of Dream Fund nominees who were need of a boost
- Developing weekly fitness videos for Football Fans in Training participants
- Making sure that the hard-working pupils taking part in SQA accredited activities still had their qualifications certificated
- …and more!
Senior Communications Executive at the Rangers Charity Foundation, said: “First and foremost, everyone at the Foundation is hoping that our supporters, charity partners and all the children and adults we work with across the community are staying safe and coping with all the changes to daily life at the moment.
“Like many charities, we at the Foundation have been severely impacted by COVID-19, but we have been determined to support people as much as possible during these challenging times.
“We are extremely proud of the work and reach of the ‘A Foundation From Home’ initiative, and it’s been heartwarming to hear such positive feedback from fans during the creation of this video series.
“We hope that the Rangers Family will enjoy watching all three episodes and know that their Foundation will always be there to act as force for good, even in the most uncertain of times.”
To find out more, visit www.rangerscharity.org.uk